Sunday, April 18, 2010

untitled

i asked her to open up and let me in...
in reality i convinced her to be with him...
i laughed i joked, she smiled and she looked,
why couldn't i realize then that my goose was cooked?

if i had it to do over again, the signs i would
watch, when she warns to take heed, i should...
in life you make sacrifices for what you believe in
in reality all that happens is you're punished for your sin...
she took my heart and ran, what cruel joke, what mean prank,
she said she loved, not me, but him; my heart just sank...

i cannot understand how life can lead you down a path...
god gives chances, follow or suffer his wrath...
at the end he laughs and tears from you what matters,
leaves you climbing high up all those ladders...
the higher to climb, the harder to fall, dispair...
why can't life just freaking play fair?

place the cold barrel to your temple...
whisper the voices so temperamental...
never can you know the pain of loss, unless
you've loved and lost, that's my best guess...
can life really be so mean, so unfair?
why on earth did i allow myself to so badly care...?
spirit is distraught, mind all a-fluster, body ached...
too bad all those times we spent were faked...

i asked her to open up and let me in...
too bad one can never hope to win...
i laughed i joked, she took all that and ran...
there i am, dying, bleeding...toss my heart in the can

-s.r.petros

12/26/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment